What is Medication Therapy Management (MTM)?
Medication Therapy Management is a constellation of health care services provided by pharmacists.
These services include:
– A complete review of all your medications, both prescription and OTC
– Identification of any concerns and issues with your medications or conditions
– Collaboration with you and your other health care providers to provide solutions to these problems.
– Provision of education with regard to your medications, conditions and disease management
Do I Need an MTM Service?
– See multiple health care providers or receive medications from more than one pharmacy
– Have frequent and multiple changes in their medications
– Have questions or problems with their medications
– Have multiple medical conditions
– Have barriers to taking their medications as prescribed
– Want to reduce their out-of-pocket medication costs
Why Should I Participate in MTM?
Participation with MTM will:
– Give you the opportunity to have a personal relationship with a clinical pharmacist 1:1
– Ensure that the medications you are taking are the most appropriate for you
– Encourage active participation in the self-management of your medication therapy and medical conditions
– Lead to fewer emergency room visits/hospitalizations
– Lead to less medication related problems
– Create a better understanding of how to take your medications
– Lead to better management of your health conditions such as Asthma, Diabetes, High Cholesterol and Heart Disease
What Unique Services Will the Innova Rx Pharmacist Provide?
– Creation of a Personalized Medication Record (PMR): An updated list of all the medications you are taking
– Creation of a Medication Action Plan (MAP): A list of recommendations to assist you in managing your medications and conditions
– Follow-up visits to monitor progress toward MAP goals, and adjustments in medications schedules
– Attendance at physician visits to monitor medication therapy and clarify for the patient/family any changes that take place
– Presence during emergency room visits to provide current medication lists for ER physicians, and assist in coordinating follow-up doctor appointments after discharge
– Consistent communication with patients/families about all aspects of medication treatment
– Coordinate refills schedules with the patient pharmacy
– Availability of the pharmacist to answer any patient specific drug related questions